Q: Hesitation when accelerating

asked by on April 08, 2017

My car feels like it stalls to pick up speed the car was involved in a accident when my brother had it but radiator was all that was bad just recently the radiator fan stopped working i have still been using car since I have no other transportation (mommy of 4)please help

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

Hi There, The radiator fan may have stopped working for a couple of reasons such as a faulty fan motor or faulty fan relay. As you know, this can be dangerous to the motor as it may cause it to overheat, resulting in major engine damage. There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

When an alternator fails, many other electrical components of the vehicle may show signs of irregular function. I would recommend having the alternator output tested with a digital multimeter to determine if it is charging the battery properly. If not, I would strongly recommend having the alternator replaced to avoid any further electrical issues that may result. Consider YourMechanic for your alternator replacement as it can be done from your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr