Q: Have gas in my oil are rings toast after to years even tho car ran fine before parking?

Ok I tried starting my car today after been sitting for to years and replacing fuel pump,filter,ignition switch and one bad coil, all six injectors, starter and valve cover gaskets. I was trying to start it but bit wouldn't start cranked and tryed to start but wouldn't fully start so I check everything and looked at myoil and there is gas in my oil. So does that mean the rings r toast or can I put a lil but of trans oil in each cylinder and cranking abit without plugs in to lubricate the rings and cylinders. Cause car was running perfect just parked cause i left and had bad ignition switch. Very welltaken care of no problems what so ever until now.

Hi there. Hi there. Anytime an engine sits for extended length of time, internal engine components are subject to freezing up due to lack of lubrication and frequent use. Before attempting to start an engine that has been idle for more than a year, it is highly recommended that all internal engine fluids be flushed, and the engine hand cranked over several times to being the lubrication process internally. Although I know what you’re getting at in regards to the transmission fluid, I can’t recommend that. The only thing we can recommend is to pull the motor apart and try to rebuild. Sorry.

• Have gas in my oil are rings toast after to years even tho car ran fine before parking?