Electrical problems with my car. The power windows, mirr...

Q: Electrical problems with my car. The power windows, mirrors, infotainment, and the driver seat all aren't working.

asked by on February 12, 2017

I own a 2010 Jaguar XF. I just bought the car with a salvage title. The following items aren't working, The infotainment system, power mirrors and windows, driver side power seat. All fuses appear to be working. Could they all have a common cause?

Hi there. Since all of the items are located in the cabin area of the vehicle, look for a loose or broken ground wire from the cab to the frame or fuse box. There could be a pinched wire in the door or under the dashboard. A loose or broke ground will cause multiple issues in all of the electrical circuits in a vehicle. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.