Coolant leaking outside on front passenger side pt cruise...

Q: Coolant leaking outside on front passenger side

asked by on October 24, 2017

I have a 2005 pt cruiser and it has started leaking a good amount of coolant outside on the front passenger side. I have replaced the water pump, timing belt, radiator, radiator fan, coolant sensor and thermostat all this year. There is no smoke coming out of the tailpipe and I've only noticed the leak after driving it and parking it.

It sounds like your coolant overflow tank may be leaking as this is where it is usually located underneath the hood of the vehicle. If the leaking only occurs after driving the vehicle, it is likely that the radiator is pushing enough coolant into the overflow tank as a result of inefficient flow, which may be a result of air pockets. I would suggest having the radiator burped to try to remove those air pockets, which should help to alleviate the overflow problem.