Q: I went for and oil change, tire rotation, and inspection. Why would they also replaced my rear brakes and pads at 19k miles?

asked by on November 01, 2016

I went for and oil change, tire rotation and inspection. Guy comes into waiting room, says I need new rear brakes and pads. Car only has 19,345 miles on it. I cried all the way home after paying $580!!! That amount sets me back a few months to pay for it plus interest on change card. So that means before my lease is up in 2018, it will happen again?!!! I think being a woman was a disadvantage!

If this was the Kia dealer, I would call Kia Customer Service. This should have been under warranty. If it was a "quick lube/oil change shop", this is equally outrageous and you should call their headquarters. There is no way your rear brakes should be worn this fast.