The battery died in my 96 ford explorer and i dont have a...

The battery died in my 96 ford explorer and i dont have a key for the doors can i hook up a jumper box to the [starter](/topics-starter-ford/) long enough to open the doors Mechanic's Assistant: Does the [engine](/topics-e...

The battery died in my 96 ford explorer and i dont have a key for the doors can i hook up a jumper box to the [starter](/topics-starter-ford/) long enough to open the doors Mechanic's Assistant: Does the [engine](/topics-engine-ford/) turn over at all? Is this the original starter? I dont think it is the originaal Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Explorer? 96 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far? I just need to be able to pop the hood so i can get power to it so i can open the doors so i can jump start it

Automotive Expert
Good Afternoon Yes you can hook it up to the large wire on the starter and its just like hooking it to the battery, and hook the ground to anything on the engine

the jumper box will work
Automotive Expert
Yes it sure will , the large wire on the starter goes right to the battery pretty much

Thank you just wanted to make sure
Automotive Expert
you are welcome