Q: Vehicle slows down slightly then speed up slightly while driving.

Vehicle slows down slightly then speed up slightly while driving. Also when starting from a stop, the vehicle starts to move then slows up slightly then you have to apply more accelerator to get the vehicle to continue to accelerate. The vehicle does not do this at high speeds or is not as noticeable at 70MPH or above.

This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Vehicle slows down slightly then speed up slightly while driving.