Q: 2000 ford escort zx2 automatic transmission slipping.Unplugged connector right below the neutral saftey switch now it shifts why?

i recently bought a 2000 ford escort zx2 with an automatic transmission i got it cheap cause the transmission was slipping.I changed the filter, did a fluid change, replaced the VSS and did alot of reading and no changes the slipping remained constant. Today I unplugged connector right below the neutral saftey switch its an orange connector with 8 pin-in slots. With it unplugged it shifts and before it would'nt move unless it started in low, then got up to speed then drive and finally over drive, but now it shifts great why?

The connector involves devices in the transmission control circuit, such as the throttle position sensor, that determine shift speeds. By disconnecting the connector you took out of the picture a device or devices that is probably malfunctioning and, while connected, was sending faulty signals which ended up creating the faulty shift pattern you were experiencing. That is one possibility but there are others including even "coincidence". The connector is essential and so the thing to do is have the devices in that "circuit" diagnosed (you can see what’s included by looked at the factory wiring diagram). If you request an electrical components diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will diagnose those faults and estimate the required repairs and cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2000 ford escort zx2 automatic transmission slipping.Unplugged connector right below the neutral saftey switch now it shifts why?