Q: 2009 Lincoln MKZ vibrates between 25-40 mph

There is a slight vibration when I drive between 25 - 40 mph. This does not happen every time I drive, just intermittently. When it does happen, it quits once I’ve reached 40 mph. Another thing I’ve noticed is in the right rear tire. It seems to have more depth of tread than the other three tires. Could this be what is causing the vibration and if not, what do you think it is?

I would recommend having your wheel balance checked. Often times vibrations, such as those you are experiencing on your Lincoln MKZ, can occur while driving if the wheel balance of any of the wheels is out of specification by more than half an ounce. During the wheel balance check, I would also recommend that you have your suspension and brakes checked while the wheels are off.

This will ensure that the cause of the problem gets found even if the wheel balance turns out not to be the issue. Other issues that may occur would be warped rotors or loose suspension parts. If either one of these issues exist, the vehicle will not be safe to drive and the issue should be resolved as soon as possible. I suggest having the brakes, steering, and suspension inspected by a certified technician from YourMechanic before moving forward with a repair.