Q: I have a 2002 olds alero. The problem is that it keeps shutting off while driving. Could a remote alarm fix this?

The car keeps shutting off after about an hour of running. No matter what speed or terrain. I did replace ignition switch which came with a key. (no chip) I also cut the security wire. I have 2 seperate keys, one to unlock the doors and one to start the car.

Hi Kevin. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, when the stock or OEM security system is altered (which anytime the wires are cut it is altered) it tends to create multiple electrical problems. So, it’s likely that this is the root source of your current problem. I would recommend contacting an automotive alarm installation company or an Olds dealership to ask them for help in resolving this matter, as this, unfortunately, is outside of our scope of services.