Hi, I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and the headlights and DIC ...

Q: Hi, I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and the headlights and DIC don't work at all. How do I fix this?

asked by on August 21, 2017

Yesterday the battery died and we recharged it but the headlights and the DIC don't turn on. We can't see the velocity, the mileage or anything on the screen. However, the radio works.

Hi Nain. It’s possible that recharging the battery may have damaged an accessory electrical relay or fuse. This is common if the battery charger was not set on a trickle charge or if a jump start - or battery from running vehicle was attached. I would recommend checking your fuses and electrical relays first, to see if this is the source of your problem. If they check out OK, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical inspection to determine why you’re having these issues, so the right repairs can be completed.