Q: Do I have a blown fuse that would cause the engine not the crank?

asked by on December 31, 2016

I just drove my car for the past 12 hours, replaced the fuel filter. Pulled the fuel pump fuse and turned the engine over a couple times to releive fuel pressure. After I put the new fuel filter on, the engine will not crank. All dash lights come on, but there is no crank, or click, or anything at all. Do I have a blown fuse somewhere that would be causing the engine not to crank?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you removed a fuse and tried to crank the engine over without it, it’s possible that it may have damaged an electrical relay to the starter or perhaps blown a fuse to the starter relay. It’s also possible that a direct current was sent to the starter relay and damaged that component during the starting attempt. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection at your location to determine what is causing your Volvo to not crank over.