Q: How do I rewire under the dash pad? Many of the wires are just there disconnected and some are damaged.

I have a 1989 Camaro Iroc Z that i took over. I can pretty much repair the body and some of the non electric components. The issue that this car has is the wiring. The wires under the dash are damaged and some are just loose. It seems they added some for audio as well. I don't know which cables are essential and which are not. I was wondering, if i purchased a new harness, how would i go about connecting it? Is there a good guide, or tutorial with images i can refer to? thanks in advance

A: Hello. If you were to purchase an entirely ...

Hello. If you were to purchase an entirely new harness that is made for your vehicle, it should a simple plug and play. I would not recommend tearing everything out. But instead, if I were to do it I would unplug each old connection one at a time and connect each new connection one at a time until it is changed. I would then remove any non-essential wiring. If you are planning on having this wiring harness installed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home to diagnose the electrical wiring concerns and have this repaired for you.