Q: I got my car check out and the codes come up was P0171,P0431,and P0174. How much will all this will be so I can start driving my c

I got these codes and I need to know how do I go by of getting prices for these codes P0171, P0431, P0174 and get my car to run again.

Codes P0171 and P0174 indicate the engine control unit is detecting the engine is running too lean - too much air and not enough fuel. P0431 indicates the catalytic converter is not operating at peak efficiency - not cleaning up the exhaust emissions properly. Odds are they are all related. Possible causes can be as simple as the wrong gas. This vehicle is not set up to run fuels like E85 and the likes, or "Flex-Fuel" capable as some vehicles are. Be sure that the gas you are using is not one of these "E" flex fuels. Other possible causes can be a vacuum leak. If the air intake tube is cracked/broken, or if a vacuum hose is disconnected or broken, the engine can draw in too much air, which will effect the air/fuel mixture. Odds are if there is a vacuum leak, the engine may have a higher idle. Other components like the mass airflow sensor, coolant temperature sensor, or oxygen sensor can be at fault. The mass airflow sensor tells the engine control unit how much air is being drawn in by the engine and uses this information to adjust air/fuel mixture, ignition timing,etc. The ecu relies on the oxygen sensor to detect how much unburned air and fuel are in the exhaust system and relies on the coolant temperature sensor to detect the engine temperature. As with the mass airflow sensor, the engine control unit relies on these sensors for input to adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing. A fault in any of these components can set those fault codes. Have a certified technician properly diagnose the fault codes to determine the exact cause. Since any of several components can be the cause, it would get expensive to replace parts at random.

• I got my car check out and the codes come up was P0171,P0431,and P0174. How much will all this will be so I can start driving my c