Q: Vsa light came on and also the brake light what does this mean?

asked by on February 21, 2017

Brakes need to be changed but the VSA light and the brake light came on and the car seems a. It more bouncier then normal

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle illuminates these warning lights when there is an issue with the braking system, wheel speed sensors, the electronic modules and motors associated with these two features, or a communication error between them. The easiest way to tell what the computer has detected is wrong is to pull the diagnostic troubleshooting codes. These will guide you towards taking corrective action. The lights are also letting you know the stability control system is not activated, so be careful if you live around any slick roads until this is resolved. Have the vehicle scanned for troubleshooting codes, and take further diagnostics from there. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.