Q: How do I permanently disable the rear view monitor system?

How do I permanently disable the rear view monitor system?

A: Your car’s rear view monitor system is desi...

Your car’s rear view monitor system is designed to provide you with greater safety in situations where you need to see behind the car when backing up. However, it can be disabled both temporarily and permanently (it can be enabled later). Here’s how to shut it off and keep it off:

1. With the ignition on and the transmission in reverse, press the auto button for 15 seconds (keep your foot on the brake).

2. The video feed will cycle on and off, and then turn amber.

3. Hold the button until the video turns black.

Tips

• By permanently disabling the rear view monitor system, it will not automatically come back on when you crank the engine the next time.

• To enable a disabled rear view monitoring system, press the auto button at any time. The screen will turn green and then show the rear video feed.