Q: A lot of damage, shops are backed up, mostly wondering if I'm possibly looking at a totaled vehicle.

Hi, have a 2005 Evolution 8 mr that was in an accident tonight (not my fault) and and wondering if I am looking at a totaled vehicle. My car was parked and some one basically ran their car into it going I would guess around 35. Shops are backed up and I'm wondering if I might be better off already searching for a new vehicle. As far as I can tell so far I need a driver side fender, driver side door, sway bar, all the plastics on car got cracked (I'm guessing the car really got rocked hard), driver side headlight, top rear diffuser, and possibly a new front bumper. Now comes the bad part, the car pulls to the right HARD, also shakes at any speed over 20 (I haven't gone over 30 yet) could that be frame? ): Any general estimate on how much in damage that is and how many shop hours it would be is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You will likely need to get at least 3 different estimates on the vehicle to have a good idea of the costs. This way you can go to the insurance company with a fair estimate of the cost to repair it. I have a car that just had a similar accident (but no suspension damage) and it will cost close to $2000 to fix. Yours sounds like it may be worse than my car, and could cost more to fix, especially if there is frame damage. While YourMechanic does not do auto body repairs at the moment, one of our certified technicians would be able to diagnose the pulling issue and let you know how to have that repaired.

3. A lot of damage, shops are backed up, mostly wondering if I'm possibly looking at a totaled vehicle.