Q: I'm getting a P147D code on my BMW 535i. Its driving fine, but the light just came on?

asked by on February 11, 2018

I'm getting a P147D code on my BMW 535i. Its driving fine, but the light just came on?

In a BMW, trouble code P147D refers to a fault in the fuel canister purge valve or control system. The valve could be sticking and thus not working properly. The purge valve is designed to control the flow of fuel vapors in the fuel system. If the valve is not functioning correctly, then the check engine light will come on. The root cause behind the trouble code can be pinpointed if you request a check engine light diagnostic. The valve will be tested and other causes considered as well such as electrical connections to the solenoid that operates the valve, system leaks and so forth. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.