Q: Exhaust

asked by on September 29, 2017

I recently had a new muffler put on my car and ever since when I'm driving Dow n the road or sometime breaker at a red light I hear lots of clanking. I looke at exhaust and it's all on there tight. Do you know what this could be and can it be a bad catylatic converter

The first thing you should have checked is the new muffler and exhaust to see if the exhaust is hitting a body part or a heat shield. This is very common in aftermarket exhaust repairs. I would recommend going back to the mechanic that did the exhaust work to have them recheck the installation for you.