Q: My truck is bucking at different speeds but it smooths out during acceleration.

asked by on December 11, 2016

While driving at steady speeds of 40mph or faster car will randomly start bucking. While it is bucking I have noticed that tach does NOT move. Accelerating seems to cure bucking symptoms. I pulled a P1184 EOT out of range code and a P1260 Theft Detected Engine Disabled. Also the interior lights will come on for a couple of minutes then go out. This is also a random issue. Mike

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the contacts to the engine oil temperature sensor. See if the contacts are loose and if they are falling off. Also, check the wiring to the sensor and see if its over a spark plug wire. Its possible that the spark plug wire will energize the wire before the sensor causing a the system to overload and shut down making the computer think that there is an issue. The vehicle could be jerking as the temperature sensor is not working, then the computer is cutting off the ignition to correct the temperature sensor. If you need further assistance with the vehicle jerking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr