Q: Car is running hot

asked by on March 28, 2016

My car is running hot. The hot light on the dash came on and the engine fan continued to run after I turned my car's ignition off.

Car is running hotter than normal Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There are multiple things that would explain why your car is running hot. The most likely cause would be that the water pump has gone bad and is not circulating the coolant into the car properly. It is also possible that the radiator is clogged or not working properly. Lower intake gaskets have also been known to cause over heating problems. The least likely cause would be that there is a blown head gasket. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, perform a cooling system inspection as well as a coolant system pressure test in order to pinpoint why the car is running hot.