Q: I have a 2009 Audi Q9 and everytime I drive it it has a strong gas smell. The car does not hesitate to start and no check engine l

asked by on May 04, 2017

My Audi Q5 has strong gas smell every time I drive it. No check engine lights are on and the car does not hesitate to start. What could be the issue?

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. On modern automobiles, fuel odors should not be detectable at anytime beyond refueling. A strong smell of gasoline can indicate a leaking fuel supply component (fuel filler hose, filter, or lines) or an evaporative emissions component (purge valve, hoses, or canister). I would recommend that you have your vehicle inspected by a professional mobile mechanic immediately as this could indicate a rather serious safety and health issue if left unresolved.