Q: Throttle body issues

asked by on February 20, 2017

My throttle body went out so i replaced it and it worked fine the day that i put it in but the next morning getting ready to leave for work the same problem arose so i exchanged it for a new one at the part store but i dont know if i should put it in or not i just dont want to to break another one don`t know if it is shorting out or what but it is really annoying

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The Ford electronic throttle bodies have a history of failing unfortunately. You may even want to look up warranty and recall information for your vehicle based on your VIN. The new unit that you purchased should be installed on the vehicle. If it fails as well, then you need to looking into the vacuum supply to the intake system, and make sure those connections are secure. Considering the long history of issues with the drive-by-wire throttle systems, there is much debate if it is electronic or vacuum related. Typically the new throttle units will solve the issue, but further inspection may be necessary by a professional. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.