Q: Afraid it will stall out or just die on the road

asked by on June 13, 2016

My 99 Park Avenue has been slightly hesitating upon acceleration, sometimes it will hit 3kRPM before it even hits 25 mph. Tonight it started chugging really bad, as if I was low on fluids and the check engine light came on and beeped and flashed. I chugged into a gas station and checked my fluids, theyre fine. Put gas in. Still did it. I do need my rear brakes done badly but that couldn't be the problem, could it?

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I would only recommend that you get the engine scanned to see if you have any trouble codes that would require service. The brakes could be locked up, causing the engine more labor just to move the car. If the transmission and engine are overheating to overcome the rear brakes locking up then this may be the problem. Have a mechanic come and diagnose your brake system before you cause major damage to the engine and transmission.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr