Q: Fuel leak from fuel cap only in full tank

asked by on October 10, 2016

i have toyata yaris 2007 model .. my problem is fuel leak from fuel tank cap when i drive 2 km after parking the car ,the fuel coming from near on rear left side tyre. but this problem only happan in when i full the fuel fully

Hi there. If you’re experiencing a fuel leak only after the fuel tank is full, then it might be one of three issues. First, it could simply be overflow caused by overfilling the tank, second it could be a damaged fuel tank filler housing or third and most likely, the fuel cap is damaged. Replacing the fuel cap is very easy, just make sure you purchase an OEM (original equipment) replacement fuel cap. If you need any help with this, one of our local mechanics can help you replace the fuel cap.