Q: Bmw 335d 4D16 SCR system efficiency code

My 2011 bmw 335D ses light is on. The code reading is 4D16 SCR system efficiency. Car runs fine, what would be causing this

You need to do a diagnostic check and see of NOX sensors are defective. Here is some other possible causes of code. 4D16 - ENGINE

Action In Service

Refill SCR system tank with new fluid Use diagnostic system to test SCR converter. Check metering valve. Check NOx sensors. Inspect metering module for correct installation position and contamination. If results of all tests are OK: Replace SCR converter.

3. Bmw 335d 4D16 SCR system efficiency code