Q: My axle clicks while I drive not while turning and is not loud I know I need an axle but how long do I have.

My axle clicks while I drive not while turning and is not loud I know I need an axle but how long do I have.

The part that does the clicking is the Constant Velocity (CV) Joint. Your car has four of them. When the joints start to fail, they usually click when you are making sharp turns. A joint that is clicking while you drive in a straight line could drop off at any time leaving you stranded. I wouldn’t push my luck. YourMechanic can send a technician to your home to [check out the car and make the necessary repairs to your axle.

• My axle clicks while I drive not while turning and is not loud I know I need an axle but how long do I have.