Q: Steering wheel lock system prevents my car from starting

asked by on October 19, 2016

I have problem with my steering wheel lock system about 5 months ago. I haven't fixed it yet because i'm trying to go to nissan but their service is very bad and i don't let them to handle my car. So this problem won't let me start my car, it has yellow light with key symbol. When i'm trying to start my engine with push button it's only put the car in ACC mode. So i found some references for this problem in the website forum. http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-do-yourself/55425-diy-2009-2010-steering-wheel-lock-fix-w-pics.html , http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-general-discussions/55315-steering-lock-problem-solved-real.html , and http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-general-discussions/65272-attention-2009-2010-owners-steering-lock-wont-start-issues.html . feel free to read the website. The website has some solutions for it, but i don't have many experiences with fixing car. Also my car battery is dead because i can't start my engine for 5 months. Can you guys fix this problem for me?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. These fixes are band aids. If you want to repair the vehicle correctly then the steering lock module and assembly need to be replaced. This will allow the system to work as designed. If you bypass it you can still have issues with it. If you want to have this issue fixed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to check why the steering wheel lock prevents your car from starting and make the necessary repairs.