Q: Alternator belt hardly lasts more than two days. Meanwhile, when ever the belt is changed, it works well for two days again

The alternator belt is always damaged within two days after replacement. Mean while after replaced it will work well without any indication that it was bad. The car losses pressure when slowed down and want to fire again, and possibly it will go off

Hi there - if the belt is failing within 2 days of driving, there is a problem with one of the components driven by the belt (alternator, AC compressor, water pump), the belt tensioner, or an idler pulley. If the belt is not tight enough, the belt will slip, overheat and fail. This could be caused by a bad tensioner. If an idler pulley bearing has failed, the pulley won’t rotate, and friction overheats the belt, and it fails. Same for an alternator bearing, water pump bearing, locked up AC compressor. Check all components that rotate with the belt for free and smooth rotation. Replace the belt tensioner if there is any doubt as to proper tension. I would recommend having an inspection of loss of power completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost for repairs.

3. Alternator belt hardly lasts more than two days. Meanwhile, when ever the belt is changed, it works well for two days again