Q: I got a alternator replaced on my car and now the Check Engine Light is on with the Battery Light. My headlights are still blinking.

Could my throttle body wiring make my coolant drop to 0 on dash and not move after i had a alternator put on then this happens and battery light also lit up on dash i got brand new alternator and battery.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. This sounds like there is a loose ground or a wire was not hooked up to the alternator correctly. Check all of the wiring when that was removed when the alternator and battery was replaced. Back track all of the connections and make sure that they are all tight and clean. Check all the grounds to the vehicle in those circuits and makes sure that they are tight and clean. The throttle body wiring will not effect the cooling system to register 0 on the dash unless the coolant temperature sensor was unplugged or failed. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your Check Engine Light issue.

3. I got a alternator replaced on my car and now the Check Engine Light is on with the Battery Light. My headlights are still blinking.