Q: Where to get and how to install a cassette player?

asked by on December 15, 2016

Have plenty of cassette tapes and want to play them through audio system that came with my Toyota Prius Hybrid year 2014, but have no cassette player nor know how to install if I had one. Other than buying a whole new audio system, do you have any suggestions, please?. Whatever cassette players you may have in mind, what would be the best for sound and for being gentle with the tapes of my cassettes?

In 2012 on internet someone suggested getting a personal cassette player that can be attached to the car's power through a USB cable (UBS cable?) and a cord going from the headphones outlet (or input?) to the AUX of the car. Can this method be used on my 2014 Prius? And where would I get a top of the line personal cassette player? I looked on eBay a number of times, but I simply do not know what to buy. If you can, please help!

Hi there:

Finding a compatible cassette player that would seamlessly install with today’s modern automotive accessory wiring is going to be very difficult, and could cause multiple problems with other accessory or electrical components on your Toyota Prius. I would defer to speaking with an audio installation professional or specialist to see if they have any aftermarket cassette players that would be good for your application.