Q: Placing a brake fluid on Corolla Hatchback

O4 Corolla Hatchback. Why is there a debate around which wheel first and which last when placing a brake fluid?

Modern cars have ABS systems and they are often cross-linked and a lot of times to really bleed the brake fluids. You’ll need a dealer-level scan tool that operates the ABS system that will tell you what to do. It will say to step on the brake bed, open right workout, close it, and then step out again. It will give you all kinds of directions. So, this is the only safe way to do it on most modern cars.

In the old days, it was simple. You just went furthest and nearest. You go right rear, then left rear, then right front and then left front. You can still do that on cars that don’t have the ABS systems. But on lot of ABS system cars, you really need a dealer-level scan tool. It will bleed the brake fluids correctly.