Q: Thermostat not working

I've been told I need a thermostat because mine is frozen shut and not allowing my coolant to circulate. My radiator cap isn't even getting hot, but it's to the point that I can't even drive my car.

Hello. If a thermostat is completely stuck closed, then it does need to be replaced without driving the vehicle. If it is not opening then it will be very easy to overheat the engine. If you need to have this done at your home or office, contact YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to look over your vehicle and replace your car’s thermostat if necessary..