Q: What does the check brake system warning mean in the message system?

What does the check brake system warning mean in the message system?

A: Your car is equipped with a number of diffe...

Your car is equipped with a number of different sensors designed to monitor critical systems for malfunctions and problems, including your brakes. If you see a warning message that reads “Check brake system” come on in your message center, it means that the computer has detected abnormal operation in the brakes. It does not mean that you immediately need to have your car inspected, but if the warning does not go away or continues to come up, you should have the entire system inspected and repaired.

If you see this warning, test the system carefully to determine if it feels differently (soft, spongy, harder than usual, etc.).