Q: SUV will not accelerate sporadically and has no power

SUV was running fine until had a regular oil change. After that SUV had sporadic bouts of no acceleration otherwise ran fine. When I mean no acceleration I mean that you could put the pedal to the floor and it would only accelerate much later like a 1-5 minute delay. This car new was to go from 0-60 in under 9 seconds if I read everything correctly. No check engine light ever came on until about 2 weeks ago when it gave a code to the Advance Auto Parts guy saying no Turbo Boost. This is a 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI (Diesel) 4 matic and I need it to run because I have to go to work regardless of the weather. It has a turbo diesel system. I have all sensors replaced, I run the best diesel gas, and no one can figure out the problem. Worse now since yesterday I went to start the SUV and it started but would not complete the process to stay running. I think you refer to this as the engine would turn over but that was it. Please help winter weather is coming and I have to work. Thanks much.

A: Hi there: To be completely honest, there c...

Hi there:

To be completely honest, there could be multiple issues with your 2008 Mercedes-Benz that are causing the symptoms you’re describing, ranging from something simple like a crankshaft position sensor to the throttle position sensor or complex issues with the turbo on your ML320.

The best way to simplify the process for diagnosing this problem and ensure the right repairs are completed is to have a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic visit you and start with a Check Engine Light inspection. Even if the light is not illuminated, it’s highly possible that error codes are stored in the vehicle’s ECU. This inspection will allow the mechanic to pull those codes and give them a starting point to diagnose the issues and recommend the right repairs.