Q: Which brand of new front CV drive axle is best for replacement at 80k miles? 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I looked at Advance Auto (Carquest), O'Reilly (Import Direct), AutoZone (Duralast Gold) and autopartswarehouse (A1 Cardone). In reading the reviews, some folks said they had problems after only a few weeks or months! Which are the better, more reliable, best fitting parts?

Hi there - the real question is whether you are buying (from any parts house) a "rebuilt" or "remanufactured" axles/CV joint, or a new one. If it’s a new one, is it made by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) such as GKN, who makes axles for many brands. If you are buying a new axle assembly from a reputable supplier, you are most likely to be satisfied in the long run. The labor cost is not trivial for this repair, so consider the total cost in the longer run, not just the cost of the part. I would recommend an axle/CV joint replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.