Q: Car has chirping sound on rough roads

My car has around 112k miles and is in excellent condition except for the following problem. Behind the driver’s seat in the rear-inside area, there is a chirping sound. This happens when I'm driving on a rough-surfaced road. I was told by the dealer that this is normal due to the stress in the rigid frame of the car. I don't agree with him. The sound is coming from the area of the carpets that cover the left quarter windows. I decided to disassemble the area, but everything looked normal. I even added insulation, but the chirping still exists. My car has never been in any accident and I keep it well maintained. What is your diagnosis and how can I fix it?

A: Hello there, A few different things can ca...

Hello there,

A few different things can cause this type of noise. The most common would be interior pieces rubbing against each other, a wind noise, or one of the window seals.

I'd suggest having the car looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose this noise and determine if a fault is present.