Q: Can a faulty wheel hub cause the rim and rotor to get extremely hot within a few miles..and even smoke if driven for long periods?

Can a faulty wheel hub cause the rim and rotor to get extremely hot within a few miles..and even smoke if driven for long periods?

You may have a wheel hub bearing that is bad but I think it is your brake caliper that may be causing the rotor and rim to get this hot. I recommend you have the brakes and bearings checked before driving the vehicle again. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your brake system to see if it is just the bearings or the brakes causing the problem. Either way, I suggest that do you not drive the car until getting this fixed to avoid having your brakes fail on the road.

• Can a faulty wheel hub cause the rim and rotor to get extremely hot within a few miles..and even smoke if driven for long periods?