Q: Does my catalytic converter have a sensor?

The other shop tested it snd said it failed the 15psi pressure test. Was wondering if I have you repair it do I need to replace or does it have a sensor on the catalytic converter?

Hello, thanks for writing in. You do have a catalyst O2 sensor. The failure of the 15psi test is most likely the catalyst is clogged causing the excessive exhaust back pressure. The catalyst should be replaced if it exceeds the limits during the back pressure test. You may have to replace the O2 sensors if they are not reading the exhaust gases correctly. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your catalyst converter and oxygen sensors as necessary. Best of luck.