Q: Car won't start - 2006 Mercedes E350

I changed the passenger side brake caliper and bled the brake now the car won't start. The battery is brand new and the secondary is fully charged.. Did I miss something?

A: One common issue that occurs when the batte...

One common issue that occurs when the battery cables are not removed while doing service on ABS brake systems is that it may trigger a few error codes to be stored in the ECU after removing the calipers. In most instances, the best procedure is to remove the battery cables, then unplug the ABS sensors before removing the brake parts. Usually this can be fixed by downloading any error codes, clearing them and trying to restart the engine. However, it could be multiple issues that are causing the starting problem that are not related to the brake repair. You might want to contact a local mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to complete a no-start inspection and get your car back on the road.