Q: My car has started heating up, reached "cooling mode on" with temperatures of 250+, and it sounds like the fan stays on when I turn off car.

asked by on November 10, 2016

Earlier today my 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS 2.2L started heating up, reaching temps of 250+ Fahrenheit. The COOLING MODE ON message came up, and then shortly after the thermostat light came on as well. I think it might need coolant, so I'll try checking the reservoir when the car cools off, as I don't want to twist open the reservoir cap and risk splashing pressurized hot liquid on me right now. I also have noticed that a fan sounds like it's on when I turn off the car. It sounds like the car is still on, even when I have parked and turned the car off. I noticed it a couple weeks ago, and back then it would stay on for about 10 seconds and then turn off, but earlier tonight it just stayed on and stayed on, so I turned the key as if starting the car and it finally turned off. Any help I can receive would be most appreciated.