Q: electrical issues 2003 Honda accord ex coupe

asked by on October 22, 2017

Honda accord 2003 ex coupe radio was changing stations on its own then a.c. started cutting on and off and light and brake light came on dash so pulled in gas station to check under hood fuse box smelled slightly burned the relay for a.c. and also relay for fans smelled burned also power cord coming into fuse box from alt looked burned in the connector cleaned it with contact cleaner replaced relays and went to start dead battery got a jump and everything seems to be alright but still smelling slightly burned smell in fuse box no bad wires been all through no fuses blew do I need to replace that fuse box where should I start I don't want to break down againbcan one relay burning up cause things in the same harness to burn up also and why did no fuses blow to prevent this hoping to fix myself

If you had any electrical work done recently it is possible that something could have been done incorrectly that has caused this issue. I would try to recall any time your vehicle was serviced in the last 6 months or so and determine if any electrical work was performed. If any electrical work was performed it is likely that the issue is related to that work.