Q: Car going into Limp Mode

asked by on February 11, 2016

My Check Engine light is coming on. Additionally, my car will go into Limp Mode and my turbo doesn't kick in.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your problem may be something simple or more complex. The first thing that needs to happen is for the Diagnostic Trouble Codes or DTC’s to be read and addressed. There are only a few things that can put your car in Limp Mode. One of the more common issues is the electronic throttle body. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, scan the engine computer for trouble codes to diagnose your Check Engine Light and determine the cause of the car going into Limp Mode.