Q: Squeaky front wheel?

While driving there is a squeaking that seems to be coming from the front drivers side wheel. The squeaks increase in speed with the vehicle and only stop if the vehicle is stopped or the brakes are pressed very hard. What could this noise be?

Brake pads have a metal wear indicator. If the pad with the indicator has worn down to about 1 mm, the wear indicator will rub against the rotor, which makes noise alerting you to check the condition of the brake pads. That is one possible explanation of the noise. It is also possible that the pad has rust on it, transferred from the rotor, and/or the rotor has hard spots that are contacting the pad as the whole assembly turns generating noise. A brake noise inspection would identify the source of the noise and the necessary repairs, such as a pad/rotor replacement could be performed if it turns out that such is needed. YourMechanic can dispatch a certified Mechanic to your location to perform these services for you.

3. Squeaky front wheel?