My car will not start. I changed the head gasket an now i...

Q: My car will not start. I changed the head gasket an now it will not start.

asked by on April 14, 2016

Well my car has not been running for awhile now do to computer update. Since then it would drive but would shut off so i did a tuneup change the brakes rotors an headgasket because it was leaking oil. So now it will not start. Do not know why

If your car was not running and a computer update got it running but the engine would shut off so you did a tuneup, brakes and a head gasket.

You might have problems with the installation of the head gasket if the timing was not done correctly. However, double check your replacement, because when you say head gasket you may really be saying that the valve cover gasket was replaced. You may also have ignition or computer related problems that need diagnosed.

I suggest you get a qualified mechanic with special test tools, like one from YourMechanic, to come and check the no-start for you to get a clear picture of the past and present problems on the car. This way, you can make sure that your vehicle gets fixed safely and properly.