Q: It seems like something is not keeping the battery charged in order for the car to run.

It seems like something is not keeping the battery charged in order for the car to run. What could be causing the battery to run down?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. In most cases, i...

Hi, thanks for writing in. In most cases, if your car is not running due to electrical issues, it could be due to your alternator. If the battery is completely shot, the car still would not run. If you are able to jump the car, remove the cables afterwards, if it shuts off as soon as your take the cables off its definitely the alternator. Sometimes you will have to replace both battery and alternator at the same time. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this charging issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.