Q: Q: Stalling when put into drive

The car has stalling issues when it is put in drive. It is reversing fine though. Before this started, the only error code that was read, indicated the MAF sensor issue.I had it cleaned and the car was okay. However, while driving up the steep incline, the car started hesitaitng. I had the fuel filter replaced. Afterwards, it drove fine uphill. But now, the car began stalling when I put it in drive and it wouldn't idle in drive either. There are no codes. What could be the problem? Thanks.

Check the inlet air tube between the mass airflow sensor and the throttle body for cracks or loose connections. When you put the vehicle in drive it pulls the hose longer and when it’s put in reverse it pushes the hose shorter. This is normal function for the component.

The problem starts happening when the hose gets dry rotted and cracks. Another possibility is that a motor mount broke, allowing the engine to move too far which breaks the hose. The engine will suck in the unfiltered air which causes a loss of power and stalling. If I were you I would replace any cracked hose or broken motor mounts.

If you decide that you need help with this repair, consider enlisting a certified mechanic who can diagnose the cause of your stall and make the necessary repairs.

3. Q: Stalling when put into drive