Hot air coming out of AC pontiac firebird v8-5.0l 1985 ai...

Q: Hot air coming out of AC

asked by on February 12, 2016

The air conditioner runs, but hot air comes out.

Hi. What you might be feeling run is the blower motor. The blower is a different system from the air conditioning. The air conditioning is what actually blows the cold air in your vehicle. The most common cause of an a/c not working is a leak. The refrigerant system is a sealed system. If a leak develops, the system won’t run once it gets too low. Consider seeking help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the AC issue your car is encountering. If there is a leak the system it will need to be recharged in order to check it appropriately.