Q: Abs lights are on can i take fuse out to take the emissions test and pass?

My abs and trac light is on and i need to take an emissions test if i take fuses out will i be able to pass test?

A: Hi there: To answer your question in one w...

Hi there:

To answer your question in one word - NO, it won't pass. Depending on the state you live, the emissions test will also include a safety inspection that will verify that the electrical system is working correctly. Plus, many fuses have multiple systems it powers, so by removing the fuses that control the ABS and TRAC light, it might impact other critical systems. Plus, when the ABS light is illuminated, it typically indicates a problem with the brakes; which is another item on most basic safety inspections.

If you decide to get your car fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your ABS and TRAC Lights to ensure your car is ready to pass the emissions test.