Door wont open from the inside or out and i cannot lock/u...

Q: Door wont open from the inside or out and i cannot lock/unlock the door. I was also driving the other day and my car died.

asked by on October 12, 2017

Door wont open from the inside or out and i cannot lock/unlock the door. I was also driving the other day and my car died. When I was in first gear turning into my apartments and my car was acting like the engine wasn't getting enough power. I crept into my parking lot it wouldn't go over 5 MPH. When i got into the parking lot it started acting like it was in neutral, revved up but didn't move. then it died and wouldn't turn over. The next morning however it fired right up and ran no problems at all. I believe it is The fuel pump but I'm new to working on cars and wanted to make sure I was getting the right part. Manual locks. I'm guessing I'm going to have to take off the door panel and fix it that way.

-Calob McBee

With regard to the door lock malfunction, yes, in all probability, the interior panel of the door will have to be removed so that the lock assembly and linkages can be inspected and repaired. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic will inspect and repair the fault if you request a door lock mechanism diagnostic. The engine malfunction is classified as "loss of power". If you request an engine loss of power diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will evaluate the usual causes, among which are oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or becomes clogged), mass airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, and so forth. Whatever the cause, if you request the engine loss of power diagnostic, the certified mechanic will pinpoint the fault and get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.